Paws for Success
What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
Where are you on your Agility journey?
Is it time to make a change?
What are the possibilities for you and your dog?
Join us for Paws for Success…
This course through (roughly) fortnightly classes (plus a couple of Saturday or Sunday sessions) under Cathy’s guidance and instruction, is designed to help you plan your goals, assess the skills that you and your dog currently have, and then spend the time effectively training to develop your dog’s skills and understanding ….so that you can become a successful Agility team. It will suit dogs needing to build and refine their Agility skills and is also perfect for puppies (activities will be specifically tailored) as they start out.
Bring clarity to your dog, while playing and having fun.
- Flexible learning environment that allows you and your dog to progress from your current skill level
- Building drive balanced with self control
- Relationship building and fun with your dog
- Essential body awareness skills
- Skill elements for Agility obstacles
- Planning your training sessions
- Training within your life style
- Supportive online assistance
- Learn with and from like-minded people
- Fridays 7.30 pm to 9.30 pm (8 Feb, 22 Feb, 8 Mar, 3 May, 7 Jun, 21 Jun 2019) plus Saturday/Sunday 9.30 am to 3.00 pm (24 Feb, 1 June 2019)
- Evening Classes will be held 7.30 pm to 9.30 pm plus two weekend sessions 9.30 am to 3.00 pm
- All classes will be held at 85 Blackwall Road, Chuwar (combination of indoors and outdoors).
- There will be a maximum of 6 dogs in the class.
- Handlers working a dog may arrange for workshop co-participants to video sessions when they are working their dog but may not video other dogs or Cathy lecturing.
- We reserve the right to adjust exercises and/or exclude dogs from exercises if they don’t have the prerequisite skills.
- At our discretion, we may choose to includes our own dog(s) in some of the exercises.
- Please note our policy regarding physical and/or verbal reprimanding of dogs.
Fees payable by direct deposit (preferred), cash, cheque or PayPal paid in advance.
Important Notices: If you have registered to handle your dog in the session, please note that dogs will be required to be crated (or suitably confined) when they are not working. As we live in a residential area, please ensure that your dog does not cause a sound nuisance for our neighbours (we reserve the right to request dogs that continually bark be removed from the premises).
There is limited room, therefore please do not bring additional dog(s) that have not been registered to work the sessions.
All participants should bring with them:
- Dog crate
- Training treats
- Tug toys
- Water bowl
All participants need to have a copy of Susan Garrett’s Crate Games DVD.
Contact Cathy Slot for further information:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0448 815 135