Questions & Answers from Clicker Trainers and Their Dogs
Written by Melissa C. Alexander
Published by Sunshine Books
Winner of the 2003 Dog Writers Association of America award for Best Book on Dog Behavior and Training. Clicker training has opened an exciting new world for the Agility trainer and for everyone who loves and works with dogs.
Click for Joy is packed with information for experienced Clicker trainers as well as newcomers. It includes positive, effective solutions to common problems, practical instructions to train any behavior for fluency and reliability, easy-to-understand explanations of the science underlying Clicker training, a glossary of Clicker training terms, short-term and long-term consequences of controversial training techniques, as well as encouragement, advice, and success stories from Clicker trainers around the world.
Answers to over 100 commonly-asked questions about Clicker training in one essential reference. 208 pages. © 2003
- What is clicker training?
- Will it work for my dog?
- Can a dog be clicker trained for sports like agility?
- When should I click?
- Do I have to treat after every click?
- Will I have to use a clicker and treats forever?
- Are clicker-trained behaviors reliable?
- What is targeting and why should I do it?
- What is the future of clicker training
Learn the answers to these and over 100 other commonly-asked questions about clicker training.